Strictly speaking, data source v2 is always half-finished until we mark it
as stable. We need some small milestones to move forward step by step.

The redesign also happens in an incremental way. SPARK-24882 mostly focus
on the "RDD" part of the API: the separation of reader factory and input
partitions, the introduction of ScanConfig, etc. Then we focus on the
high-level abstraction and want to change the "table" part of the API.

In my understanding, each PR should be self-contained. If we are OK to
have SPARK-24882 in master as an individual commit, I think it's also OK to
have it in branch 2.4.

I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25390 to track the
new abstraction. It doesn't change the API a lot, but update the streaming
execution engine quite a bit.

Thanks,
Wenchen