Yes, documentation for 2.4 has to be done before the 2.4 release. Or
else it's not for 2.4. Likewise auditing that must happen before 2.4,
must happen before 2.4 is released.
"Foo for 2.4" as Blocker for 2.4 needs to be resolved for 2.4, by
definition. Or else it's not a Blocker, not for 2.4.

 I know we've had this discussion before and agree to disagree about
the semantics. But we won't, say, release 2.4.0 and then go
retroactively patch the 2.4.0 released docs with docs for 2.4.

Really, I'm just asking if all the things those items mean to cover
are done? even if for whatever reason the JIRA is not resolved.

We have a new blocker thought, FWIW: