i'm really close (for real: really close!) on the ubuntu port...  but one
build has been a thorn in my side and i was wondering if i could get some
extra eyes on this as i grind through the remaining few pieces of my own
personal system dependency hell.  :)

the job in question is:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7-ubuntu-testing

it's identical to the regular spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7 job, except
i'm building against a newer version of java (1.8.0_171 vs 1.8.0_60).

the centos job always passes on every worker.

the ubuntu job fails on every ubuntu worker during the scala unidoc
generation w/the following error:

"""
[error]
/home/jenkins/workspace/spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7-ubuntu-testing/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/serializer/GenericAvroSerializer.scala:123:
value createDatumWriter is not a member of
org.apache.avro.generic.GenericData
[error]     writerCache.getOrElseUpdate(schema,
GenericData.get.createDatumWriter(schema))
[error]                                                         ^
[info] No documentation generated with unsuccessful compiler run
[error] one error found

"""
an example job w/this failure is here:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7-ubuntu-testing/30/consoleFull

thoughts?  am i missing something obvious?  i've checked and there are no
avro system packages installed on any of the workers (centos or ubuntu).

thanks in advance,

shane
--
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead