Sure, I don't read anyone making these statements though? Let's assume
good intent, that "foo should happen" as "my opinion as a member of
the community, which is not solely up to me, is that foo should
happen". I understand it's possible for a person to make their opinion
over-weighted; this whole style of decision making assumes good actors
and doesn't optimize against bad ones. Not that it can't happen, just
not seeing it here.

I have never seen any vote on a feature list, by a PMC or otherwise.
We can do that if really needed I guess. But that also isn't the
authoritative process in play here, in contrast.

If there's not a more specific subtext or issue here, which is fine to
say (on private@ if it's sensitive or something), yes, let's move on
in good faith.