Hi,

I'm curious why EventTimeStatsAccum is not a named accumulator (not to
mention SQLMetric) so the event-time watermark could be monitored in web UI?

I've changed the code for EventTimeWatermarkExec physical operator to
register EventTimeStatsAccum as a named accumulator and the values are
properly propagated back to the driver and the web UI. It seems to be
working fine (and it's just a one-day coding).

It went fairly easy to have a very initial prototype so I'm wondering why
it's not been included? Has this been considered? Should I file a
JIRA ticket and send a pull request for review? Please guide as I found it
very helpful (and surprisingly easy to implement so I'm worried I'm missing
something important). Thanks.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski
The Internals of Spark SQL https://bit.ly/spark-sql-internals
The Internals of Spark Structured Streaming
https://bit.ly/spark-structured-streaming
The Internals of Apache Kafka https://bit.ly/apache-kafka-internals