I am in broad agreement with the prposal, as any developer, I prefer
stable well designed API's :-)

Can we tie the proposal to stability guarantees given by spark and
reasonable expectation from users ?
In my opinion, an unstable or evolving could change - while an
experimental api which has been around for ages should be more
conservatively handled.
Which brings in question what are the stability guarantees as
specified by annotations interacting with the proposal.

Also, can we expand on 'when' an API change can occur ?  Since we are
proposing to diverge from semver.
Patch release ? Minor release ? Only major release ? Based on 'impact'
of API ? Stability guarantees ?

Regards,
Mridul