On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:07 AM edeesis <edee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's other information you can obtain from the Pod metadata on a
> describe
> than just from the logs, which are typically what's being printed by the
> Application itself.

Would get pods -w -o yaml do the trick here or is there going to be
information that wouldn’t be captured that way?

> I've also found that Spark has some trouble obtaining the reason for a K8S
> executor death (as evident by the
> spark.kubernetes.executor.lostCheck.maxAttempts config property)
>
> I admittedly don't know what should qualify for a backport, but considering
> 3.0 is a major upgrade (Scala version, et al), is there any room for for
> being more generous with backporting to 2.4?

I’d like to revisit the conversation around a Spark 2.5 as a transitional
release. I know that some people are already effectively maintaining 2.4+
Selective new functionality backports internally. Maybe I’ll kick off that
discussion which we can have and that can help inform what we should be
putting in 2.4.