In DSV1 this was pretty easy to do because of the burden of verification
for writes had to be in the datasource, the new setup makes partial writes
difficult.

resolveOuptutColumns checks the table schema against the writeplan's output
and will fail any requests which don't contain every column as specified in
the table schema.
I would like it if instead if either we made this check optional for a
datasource, perhaps an "allow partial writes" trait for the table? Or just
allowed analysis
to fail on "withInputDataSchema" where an implementer could throw
exceptions on underspecified writes.

The use case here is that C* (and many other sinks) have mandated columns
that must be present during an insert as well as those
which are not required.

Please let me know if i've misread this,

Thanks for your time again,
Russ