I've been still supporting Ryan's SPIP (original PR and its extension
proposal discussed here) because of its simplicity.

According to this email thread context, I also understand the different
perspectives like Hyukjin's concerns about having multiple ways and
Wenchen's proposal and rationales.

It looks like we need more discussion to reach an agreement. And the
technical details become more difficult to track because this is an email
thread.

Although Ryan initially suggested discussing this on Apache email thread
instead of the PR, can we have a PR to discuss?

Especially, Wenchen, could you make your PR based on Ryan's PR?

If we collect the scattered ideas into a single PR, that would be greatly
helpful not only for further discussions, but also when we go on a vote on
Ryan's PR or Wenchen's PR.

Bests,
Dongjoon.