Hi, Xiao.

After your last email about him, I observed his strong and persistent
activity. Thank you for your mentoring. As of today, he is the Top-9th
contributor. Do you think you need more time to mentor him for additional
dimensions? From my side, it looks enough and I'd like to nominate Max Gekk
as a committer as we talked in 2020.

-
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r0fb410881b926cbb21fb2f22372634f3e4f87eb5b8162c2d5f360d10%40%3Cprivate.spark.apache.org%3E

> We are trying to mentor Maxim to make more major contributions in Apache
Spark, especially Spark SQL. Spark SQL is very active. There are also many
SQL features he can help. For example, improve the performance of our file
sources, (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/27366); migration of
built-in file sources to DSV2; DSV2 follow ups; ANSI mode enhancements. I
believe we will see various contributions from him in the next Spark 3.1
release

Bests,
Dongjoon.