+1 (non-binding)

Really looking forward to having this natively supported by Spark, so that
we can get rid of our own hacks to tie in a custom view catalog
implementation. I appreciate the care John has put into various parts of
the design and believe this will provide a robust and flexible solution to
this problem faced by various large-scale Spark users.

Thanks John!