Hi all,

It’s time to submit our quarterly ASF board report again this Wednesday. I’ve
put together the draft below. Let me know if you have any suggestions:

=======================

Apache Spark is a fast and general purpose engine for large-scale data
processing. It offers high-level APIs in Java, Scala, Python, R and SQL as
well as a rich set of libraries including stream processing, machine learning,
and graph analytics.

Issues for the board:

- None

Project status:

- We are working on the release of Spark 3.3.0, with Release Candidate 1
currently being tested and voted on.

- We released Apache Spark 3.1.3, a bug fix release for the 3.1 line, on
February 18th.

- We started publishing official Docker images of Apache Spark in Docker Hub,
at https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/spark/tags

- A new Spark Project Improvement Proposal (SPIP) is being discussed by the
community to offer a simplified API for deep learning inference, including
built-in integration with popular libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch and
HuggingFace (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-38648).

Trademarks:

- No changes since the last report.

Latest releases:

- Spark 3.1.3 was released on February 18, 2022.
- Spark 3.2.1 was released on January 26, 2022.
- Spark 3.2.0 was released on October 13, 2021.

Committers and PMC:
- The latest committer was added on Dec 20th, 2021 (Yuanjian Li).
- The latest PMC member was added on Jan 19th, 2022 (Maciej Szymkiewicz).