Hi, All and Matei (as the Chair of Spark PMC).

For the ASF policy violation part, here is a legal recommendation
documentation (draft) from `legal-discuss@`.

https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/downstream.html#source

> A version number must be used that both clearly differentiates it from an
Apache Software Foundation release and clearly identifies the Apache
Software Foundation version on which the software is based.

In short, Databricks should not claim its product like "Apache Spark
3.4.0". The version number should clearly differentiate it from Apache
Spark 3.4.0. I hope we can conclude this together in this way and move our
focus forward to the other remaining issues.

To Matei, could you do the legal follow-up officially with Databricks with
the above info?

If there is a person to do this, I believe you are the best person to drive
this.

Thank you in advance.

Dongjoon.