I want to add two updates on this thread.

First, Ammonite library issue is resolved for Scala 2.12/2.13. For Scala 3, we
can talk later in the scope of Spark 4.

    SPARK-44041 Upgrade Ammonite to 2.5.9

This unblocked the following and we start to evaluate them.

    SPARK-43832 Upgrade Scala to 2.12.18
    SPARK-40497 Upgrade Scala to 2.13.11

Second, Sean, Mitch, and Grisha shared their different perspective on ASF legal
issue and Apache Spark PMC role in this thread. Thank you again for sharing
your idea explicitly. I'm going to start a vote for that specifically to build
a consensus and have a conclusion.

Dongjoon