Dongjoon, I am not sure if I am not sure if I follow the line of thought
here.

Multiple people have asked for clarification on what Spark 4.0 would mean
(Holden, Mridul, Jia & Xiao). You can - for the record - also add me to
this list. However you choose to single out Xiao because asks this question
and wants to do a preview release as well? So again, what does Spark 4
mean, and why does it need to take almost a year? Historically major Spark
releases tend to break APIs, but if it only entails changing to Scala 2.13
and dropping support for JDK 8, then we could also just release a month
after 3.5.

How about we do this? We get 3.5 released, and afterwards we do a couple of
meetings where we build this roadmap. Using that, we can - hopefully - have
a grounded discussion.

Cheers,
Herman