Hi,

Yes, sorry about that seem to have messed up the link. Should have been https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18757

Best,
Emil

On 01/08/2023 19:08, Dongjoon Hyun wrote:
Hi, Emil.

HADOOP-18568 is still open and it seems to be never a part of the Hadoop trunk branch.

Do you mean another JIRA?

Dongjoon.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 2:59 AM Emil Ejbyfeldt <eejbyfe...@liveintent.com.invalid> wrote:

    Hi,

    We previously ran some experiments on builds from the 3.5 branch and
    noticed that Hadoop had a regression
    (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18568
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18568>) in their s3a
    committer affecting 3.3.5 and 3.3.6 (Spark 3.4 uses hadoop 3.3.4). This
    fix has been merged into Hadoop and will be part the next release of
    Hadoop.

      From our testing the regression when writing data to S3 with large
    number of tasks S3 is severe enough that we would need to revert to
    hadoop 3.3.4 in order to use spark 3.5 release.

    Since it only for S3 I am not sure it warrants action changes in Spark
    (e.g rolling back hadoop to 3.3.4). But it probably something people
    testing the rc against s3 should be aware of.

    Best,
    Emil