Thanks Sean  for open this discussion.

1. I think drop Scala 2.12 is a good option.

2. Personally, I think we should remove most methods that are deprecated since
2.x/1.x unless it can't find a good replacement. There is already a 3.x version
as a buffer and I don't think it is good practice to use the deprecated method
of 2.x on 4.x.

3. For Mesos, I think we should remove it from doc first.

Jia Fan