Thanks Anish for proposing SPIP and initiating this thread! I believe this
SPIP will help a bunch of complex use cases on streaming.

dev@: We are coincidentally initiating this discussion in thanksgiving
holidays. We understand people in the US may not have time to review the
SPIP, and we plan to bump this thread in early next week. We are open for
any feedback from non-US during the holiday. We can either address feedback
altogether after the holiday (Anish is in the US) or I can answer if the
feedback is more about the question. Thanks!