Thanks for reporting - this is odd - the dropdown did not exist in other
recent releases.

https://spark.apache.org/docs/3.5.0/api/python/index.html
https://spark.apache.org/docs/3.4.2/api/python/index.html
https://spark.apache.org/docs/3.3.4/api/python/index.html

Looks like the dropdown feature was recently introduced but partially done.
The addition of a dropdown was done, but the way how to bump the version
was missed to be documented.
The contributor proposed the way to update the version "automatically", but
the PR wasn't merged. As a result, we are neither having the instruction
how to bump the version manually, nor having the automatic bump.

* PR for addition of dropdown: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/42428
* PR for automatically bumping version:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/42881

We will probably need to add an instruction in the release process to
update the version. (For automatic bumping I don't have a good idea.)
I'll look into it. Please expect some delay during the holiday weekend
in S. Korea.

Thanks again.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)