W.r.t. state data source - reader (SPARK-45511
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-45511>), there are several
follow-up tickets, but we don't plan to address them soon. The current
implementation is the final shape for Spark 4.0.0, unless there are demands
on the follow-up tickets.

We may want to check the plan for transformWithState - my understanding is
that we want to release the feature to 4.0.0, but there are several
remaining works to be done. While the tentative timeline for releasing is
June 2024, what would be the tentative timeline for the RC cut?
(cc. Anish to add more context on the plan for transformWithState)