Thanks

In the context of stored procedures API for Catalogs, this approach
deviates from the traditional definition of stored procedures in RDBMS for
two key reasons:

   - Compilation vs. Interpretation: Traditional stored procedures are
   typically pre-compiled into machine code for faster execution. This
   approach, however, focuses on loading and interpreting the code on demand,
   similar to how scripts are run in some programming languages like Python.
   - Schema Changes and Invalidation: In RDBMS, changes to the underlying
   tables can invalidate compiled procedures as they might reference
   non-existent columns or have incompatible data types. This approach aims to
   avoid invalidation by potentially adapting to minor schema changes.

So, while it leverages the concept of pre-defined procedures stored within
the database and accessible through the Catalog API, it is evident that
this approach functions more like dynamic scripts than traditional compiled
stored procedures.

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh,Technologist | Architect | Data Engineer  | Generative AI |
FinCrime

London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

Disclaimer: The information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge
but of course cannot be guaranteed . It is essential to note that, as with
any advice, quote "one test result is worth one-thousand expert opinions
(Werner Von Braun)".

expert opinions (Werner  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>Von
Braun <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>)".