Github user tgravescs commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/332#issuecomment-34763698

    Sorry for my delay, I was on vacation last week. Thanks for the reviews,
I'll go through them and respond.

    It sounds like you want 2 types of documents, more user docs which I'll
look at adding more to the .md files and then a dev design doc. where do you
want that to live? or were you just thinking more comments in the code?

    The SaslClient and SaslServer classes are java as the original was borrowed
from Hadoop and then modified. We can convert to scala.

    Also note that I concentrated on spark on yarn for this.  It still works
for standalone deploy but probably isn't ideal as far as how the shared secret
is actually created/configured.