Hi All,

As you probably know we still have dozens of classes in com.cloudera.sqoop
packages which most of the cases just extend their corresponding class in
org.apache.sqoop package without adding extra functionality.
These classes make the code harder to read and navigate, they are already
deprecated but because of backward compatibility considerations we were not
able to remove them.
The community was planning on a release containing breaking changes (we
called it 1.5) I think it would be a great candidate to include this
cleanup.
I have created a ticket <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3273>
for doing this task and submitted a patch as well. I think the easiest way
to take a look at it is to review the commits in my Sqoop fork:
https://github.com/szvasas/sqoop/tree/cloudera_package_removal
Note that this is change which basically affects all of the files in the
Sqoop project, but in the majority of the cases replacing the
com.cloudera.sqoop class to its corresponding org.apache.sqoop class was
just a find and replace command so I consider this a relatively low risk
change.
Please feel free to reply to this email with your questions and concerns
and if you have some time please take a look at the changes.

Thanks and regards,
Szabolcs