Hi there,

I'm a researcher studying software evolution. As part of my current
research, I'm studying the implications of migrating an open-source
software project to GitHub, for instance, if the project succeed in
attracting newcomers. Storm was in my list.

To further analyze the impacts of Storm migration, we analyzed the git log
commit history of your project in terms of number of contributions, number
of newcomers, and number of contributors per month. The following figure
presents a temporal perspective regarding these three measures.

​
​Given the numbers presented in the graphic, we would like to ask Storm
developers the following questions:

1. What motivated the project to migrate to Github? How do you evaluate the
benefits of this migration?
2. Does this snapshot make sense? Did you find any inconsistency on the
data?
3. Do you have any internal policy to promote/attract/retain newcomers? If
so, do them succeed?
4. There is a decrease on the number of newcomers and contributions between
2012 and 2014. Do you have any explanation for that?
5. Similarly, why the number of newcomers and contributors increased that
much after 2014?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration,

Igor Steinmacher, PhD
http://www.igor.pro.br