I’ve been tinkering with implementing an Apache Beam runner on top of Storm and
would like to open it up so others in the community can contribute. To that end
I’d like to propose creating a feature branch for that work if there are others
who are interested in getting involved. We did that a while back when storm-sql
was originally developed.

Basically, review requirements for that branch would be relaxed during
development, with a final, strict review before merging back to one of our main
branches.

I’d like to document what I have and future improvements in a proposal
document, and follow that with pushing the code to the feature branch for group
collaboration.

Any thoughts? Anyone interested in contributing to such an effort?

-Taylor