Hi,

I know there are plans to revamp the current metrics system.
But until then, I just wanted to confirm the metrics I have got through JMX
and if that is expected.

I added the following to *worker.options*:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote \
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1%ID% \
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \

And I used  cmdline-jmxclient
<http://crawler.archive.org/cmdline-jmxclient/>'s jar file as:
java -jar /tmp/cmdline-jmxclient-0.10.3.jar -:- 127.0.0.1:16700 | grep -v log4j
| sort -u

The metrics I got were:
com.sun.management:type=DiagnosticCommand
com.sun.management:type=HotSpotDiagnostic
java.lang:name=CodeCacheManager,type=MemoryManager
java.lang:name=Code Cache,type=MemoryPool
java.lang:name=Compressed Class Space,type=MemoryPool
java.lang:name=Metaspace Manager,type=MemoryManager
java.lang:name=Metaspace,type=MemoryPool
java.lang:name=PS Eden Space,type=MemoryPool
java.lang:name=PS MarkSweep,type=GarbageCollector
java.lang:name=PS Old Gen,type=MemoryPool
java.lang:name=PS Scavenge,type=GarbageCollector
java.lang:name=PS Survivor Space,type=MemoryPool
java.lang:type=ClassLoading
java.lang:type=Compilation
java.lang:type=Memory
java.lang:type=OperatingSystem
java.lang:type=Runtime
java.lang:type=Threading
java.nio:name=direct,type=BufferPool
java.nio:name=mapped,type=BufferPool
java.util.logging:type=Logging
JMImplementation:type=MBeanServerDelegate

None of these seems to be storm-specific and that is kind of expected
because storm does not report those metrics to JMX.
Can someone confirm if those really are the metrics I should expect or are
there more I can get from JMX?

Thanks
T.I.