Github user hmcl commented on the issue:

    @srdo there is a discrepancy between the title of this pull request and the
title of the associated JIRA. What problem are you trying to solve in this
patch? Add meatada, or remove warnings?

    If the goal is to solve the recurring WARN messages that get printed, in my
opinion the obvious thing to do is to simply not log the message unless the
processing guarantee is AT_LEAST_ONCE. This would be a one line change

    Can you please also clarify what is the need to add metadata when running
the spout in AT-MOST-ONCE mode ? Also, I think it is quite dangerous to try to
mimic the behavior Kafka does by simply calling commitAsync(...) in auto.commit
mode. Besides the WARN messages, is there any other problem associated with
letting Kafka handle everything in auto.commit mode?