Thanks for the quick response Jungtaek!

Yes, my teammates and myself would like to help on this.  Is there an
existing JIRA for the work you've been doing on the other branches?

I propose we don't make this block 1.0.6 -- we can just release 1.0.7
quickly when the backport is done, if that is amenable.
That strategy also might be cleaner since it would avoid other changes in
1.0.6 being lumped together with this.

- Erik