Github user agresch commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2554

    1) My intent was that the metricstore would be for insertion, and the
metricprocessor for either forwarding the metrics to the metricstore or just
extending a metricstore and doing the metric insertion in place.  The HBase
metricprocessor implementation I'm working on does the latter, inserting
directly from the Supervisor.

    2) I do not have a plan for this yet, but we plan on tackling this.  We're
planning on getting the metrics forwarded from the workers to the Supervisor
and inserting from HBase there (or forwarding to Nimbus for RocksDB).  In the
non-HBase implementation, we need to be able to have a path from the workers to
Nimbus.

---