GitHub user agresch opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2565

    STORM-2954 add HBase metricstore implementation

    This provides an HBase metricstore implementation to optionally replace the
default RocksDB version.  It allows both Nimbus and Supervisors to insert
metrics directly into HBase.

    The code should allow for multiple hosts/threads per host to insert into
HBase.  Where new metadata or aggregated metrics are added, HBase checkandput
calls are made with retries to make sure the latest data is fetched and stored.

    The docs provide info on the configuration options, schema, and how to
create a table for usage.

    I ran my unit tests against HBase 1.1.12, and tested on a secure 1.3 (with
modified internal code) HBase setup.

    $ git pull https://github.com/agresch/storm agresch_hbase_metricstore

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2565.patch

    This closes #2565

----
commit 24cfa6a11eeebbb8105294ed14c2d2e4cf4dd482
Author: Aaron Gresch <agresch@...>
Date:   2018-02-19T22:16:45Z

    STORM-2954 add HBase metricstore implementation

----

---