Github user srishtyagrawal commented on the issue:

    @srdo thanks for explaining that. I was looking at the GitHub file links
that's why they were giving 404s.

    I have also modified the `socketTimeoutMs` setting map to not be supported
in `storm-kafka-client`. The previous translation was from [Kafka's
ConsumerConfig.scala](https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/consumer/ConsumerConfig.scala#L30),
 but looks like the scala file is deprecated, also this configuration is only
present in [old Kafka Consumer configs
table](https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#oldconsumerconfigs) and not in
[new Kafka Consumer configs
table](https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#newconsumerconfigs).

    According to your suggestion the Storm links have been modified to be
generic hence not tied to a particular release version, but I also have links
to Kafka properties which are still release specific (last release - 1.1). This
is because kafka-site repo doesn’t do release agnostic links.

    Let me know if the table looks fine, I will then publish them to Storm docs.