Github user zd-project commented on the issue:

    Extensibility and Centralized management would be my concerns. I think this
PR has improved on the centralized management of metrics. For example I think
the slotMetrics class is a great example of this (it's actually a very similar
idea to the MetricSet I've put in). It's easier to tell this way what we have
been tracking for a certain daemon and how we're tracking it.

    But I'm not quite sure about the extensibility part, i.e., what I should do
if I want to have metrics in a new component or one that hasn't been injected a
registry yet. For example, in my PR I added a few metrics in Container, but I
don't think I see a way to add them here since Container doesn't have access to
StormMetricsRegistry. We might need to do some refactoring before we can
actually add in metrics.