Andrew,

could you please initiate discussion thread instead? I feel the patch is no
longer simple one to just get +1 and merge in, because everyone lose
context on the patch.

Btw, as a contributor of multilang, the concept of supporting multiple
languages are good, but not sure it can bring heavily optimized for major
languages, mostly Python. One of example is supporting "subprocess
timeout": it is actually incomplete because Interpreter languages work like
the way, GIL.

Note that the opinion is totally my own: as we move on 2.0 which has
Streams API, I'd be happy if some Python engineers put their efforts to
migrate it to python. The progress of Streams API is stuck for now, but it
is still valid for at-least-once use cases and give much convenience while
constructing topology. It should remedy the need to learn how to use for
both things, Storm and other third parties. Someone might be concerned, but
I think that's the way we need to go.

-Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2018년 9월 27일 (목) 오전 8:53, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgo...@gmail.com>님이 작성: