I’m going to distill everything mentioned so far into a release announcement
that I hope to get out later today, or more likely, Monday.

Then we can add follow up blog posts that go into greater detail.

For reference, I’m reposting the list of topics Roshan came up with:

1- Re-architecture - [Roshan]
2- Windowing enhancements
3- SQL enhancements
4- Metrics
5- Kafka related changes
6- Security (nimbus admin groups, delegation tokens, optional impersonation)
7- PMML (Machine Learning) support.
8- Streams API
9- Module restructuring & dependency mitigation
10- Java porting
11- DRPC cmd line
12- Lambda support
13- New spouts: Kinesis & Druid ?
14- Changes to deployment and cli submission
15- RAS changes
16- Trident enhancements
17- New Admin cmds to debug cluster state
18 ... others ?

-Taylor