Hi everyone,

I think we should have more people willing to act as release managers.
Taylor has expressed a desire to step back from the role (or at least to
not be the only RM), and it would be good if we could have a few people
ready to step up and wear the RM hat. If you're interested in this role,
this thread would be a good place to say so.

There's some general information about releasing under Apache at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html.

As I understand it, a new RM will need to at least generate and publish
their signature before they can act as RM. More info at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html. I'm not sure whether
linking with the Apache web of trust is also mandatory.

Taylor, it would be helpful if you could explain any additional steps
beyond what is in the Apache guide to what a release manager needs to do to
release Storm.