We don’t create 2.1.0 branch.

I was thinking (and have been doing) about creating a 2.1.x-branch before doing
any thing release related.  Then we use 2.1.x-branch to release 2.1.0, and
2.1.1, etc.

When we create a 2.1.x-branch,  we move master to 2.2.x-branch. It’s a little
different than what we did in the past. But it makes more sense as it follows
semantic versioning more strictly.