I am excited to introduce a new feature releted to Tika's external module -
the ability to inject protobufs via grpc from an external parser. To
demonstrate this, as a StromCrawler committer, I have made an integration
from StromCrawler to achieve this.

Some development details:
Currently Tika runs within the worker. I've been working on the other side
for a while now: a bolt that sends the page it already fetched to a
separate tika server over grpc, no second fetch, tika never touches the
network.
You should check it out - here's a demo running it end to end with
StormCrawler, one bolt talking to tika, a checker confirming nothing gets
fetched twice:
https://github.com/dpol1/tika-demo
The real bolt for stormcrawler: waits for a tika release with the grpc
classes. before writing it, I'd love to get feedback on how you would want
it shaped, a bolt next to the parser or a drop-in replacement for it.

Cheers,
 Davide

Reply via email to