GGraziadei commented on issue #2185:
URL: https://github.com/apache/stormcrawler/issues/2185#issuecomment-5873619012

   Hi @jnioche  @dpol1, thanks a lot for your answers. I’m just checking 
whether my intuition has some grounding in the state of the art.
   
   The general idea is to evaluate a metric that allows us to study the 
progress of a crawling strategy. The same idea is discussed in various papers, 
so I completely agree with your initial comment that this would be beneficial 
for the crawling process itself, not only SC.
   
   I’ll close this comment and the linked PR, and open a new discussion thread, 
with a clear problem statement formulation, in the appropriate place once I 
have gathered enough evidence from the SOTA.
   
   Some resources, I am evaluating:
   - https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-540-30216-2_13
   - https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/371920.371965
   - https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/1067268.1067287
   - https://www.science.org/doi/abs/10.1126/science.280.5360.95


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to