Hi,

as a result of a PoC described in a blog post
(https://streampipes.apache.org/docs/blog/2020/01/23/streampipes_on_rpi/
<https://streampipes.apache.org/docs/blog/2020/01/23/streampipes_on_rpi/>) I
was working on bringing this multi-arch feature officially
into the StreamPipes community
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMPIPES-66
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMPIPES-66>). I finished the
extension of StreamPipes related Docker images to support ARM-based CPU
architectures - currently arm32v7 (e.g. Raspberry Pi) as well as arm64v8 (e.g.
Jetson Nano).

As of now, this includes all core StreamPipes services + mandatory external
services for running StreamPipes lite:

ui
backend
connect (master + worker)
all pipeline elements
activemq
consul
couchdb
kafka
zookeeper
influxdb

We currently still rely on an external kafka-rest service for live preview of
data source in the pipeline editor. This external component is not provided as
an multi-arch image since
we plan to implement this feature by ourselves to minimize dependencies. So
live preview is currently not supported in ARM-based setup.

I updated the cli, installer and helm deployment within
https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-installer/tree/dev
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-installer/tree/dev>
accordingly and tested the different alternatives.

amd64/x86: tested on server and local Macbook Pro
arm32v7: tested on Raspberry Pi Model 4, 4Gb RAM
arm64v8: tested on Jetson Nano, 4Gb RAM

Cheers,
Patrick