Hi all,

to prepare our first release I was working on Issue "STREAMPIPES-9 Remove
dependency to kafka-rest”.

From now on we use the standard Kafka API to provide a live preview of the
data. Please ensure that you use the env file in
"streampipes-backend/development” when running the backend locally.
This ensures that the Kafka broker url is configured correctly during
development.

I also removed the Kafka-rest service from the cli tool in the installer. This

When working on it two issues came up:

* First I had to change the SpKafkaConsumer API to be able to start and stop
threads (see in PipelineElementRuntimeInfoFetcher). The current solution works
but I was wondering if there is a better way to use the SpKafkaConsumer class
without the new constructor?
SpKafkaConsumer(KafkaTransportProtocol protocol, String topic,
InternalEventProcessor<byte[]> eventProcessor)

* In the UI I had to disable clickOutsideToClose for the openHelpDialog in the
editor-dialog-manager.service.ts. Otherwise the thread polling the data in the
browser kept running in the background when users did not use the X or Close
button.
Does anyone know if there is a callback that is triggered every time when a
dialog is closed? Because then we could set this.pollingActive = false and
could activate the clickOutsideToClose again.

Philipp