I agree, maybe it is better to keep the notification-sinks as simple as
possible.
Then users could also use multiple channels (e.g. Email, Slack, and Telegram)
for their notification and have a single output rate-limiter in the pipeline.
I was just wondering, if that’s a feature a user would expect in each data sink
or if this is an additional functionality for a separate pipeline element?

Which functionalities would such a rate-limiter need?
I think it should not ‘just’ remove events, e.g. when a user is not reacting to
the situation we might have to send the notification again after some time.
Any thoughts on that?

Philipp