Hi,

I just updated my development environment and now all run configurations in
IntelliJ are gone.

Since we had multiple setup possibilities over the last couple of month, I
would like to discuss how we set up StreamPipes for development.
It always takes a lot of time when things change, so I think it makes sense to
discuss it and decide how the setup should be.
In this context we can also adjust the naming of services / configurations.

So my favorite setup would be that you can check out StreamPipes and start
developing right away.
This means that the needed env variables are set as it is done in PR [1].
Additionally we have IntelliJ runConfigurations for all services. So you can
click directly on the run button when you have checked it out.

I think there are three setup possibilities for development:

1. backend only (I am not sure how relevant this is, because often changes in
the backend require changes at some components in extensions)
2. extensions only
3. Backend & extension

Did I miss any?

My suggestion would be to have run configurations for IntelliJ in both projects
(incubator-streampipes & incubator-streampipes-extensions).

Any opinions on that?

Open Issues: The integration of the env files into the pom.xml ist currently
just in the backend and not done for the extensions, right?

Philipp