Apache Streams unifies a diverse world of digital profiles and online
activities into common formats and vocabularies, and makes these datasets
accessible across a variety of databases, devices, and platforms for
streaming, browsing, search, sharing, and analytics use-cases.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Streams was founded 2017-07-18 (5 1/2 years ago). There are
currently 9 committers and 9 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

## Community changes:
- Brian Hodge joined PMC on 2020-04-26
- Brian Hodge became a committer on 2020-04-26

## Project Activity:
- Apache Streams 0.6.1 was released in March 2020.
- The next Apache Streams release will be the first compatible with JDK11.
- 2021 and 2022 both had minimal commit and mailing list and discussions.
- Several recent board reports have been missed.  Very sorry about that.

## Other Comments:
- Twitter's imminent pay-walling of the free API is quite unfortunate.
Streams
most mature and powerful libraries and examples are all based on these APIs.
- A silver lining with the turmoil at Twitter is rapidly growing interest in
open alternatives based on ActivityPub ex. Mastadon.  This offers the
project a path to new life, as ActivityPub is based on ActivityStreams.
- We need to get the upgrades on our main branch released ASAP.
- We need to better reach out to users and developers to reinvigorate the
project.
- We need to lean further into the ActivityPub ecosystem to become relevant
again.