Has anyone been following 'Progressive Web Apps'?

I came across this site yesterday and honestly this blows my mind, everyone
should check it out.

https://whatpwacando.today/

It's got me imagining rich client-side support for a Streams deployment.  A
site running an instance of streams like https://asf.social could offer its
users a one-click install of an asf.social app on their phones or PCs with
no app store involved.  All of the interactions a user would do on a
typical social app could be delivered in a reactive UI, and the ability to
take photos, stream videos, geo-tag posts, get notifications, etc... could
work on devices that support those features.

Perhaps trivializing, but looking at the javascript examples available
through that site, I don't think there would be any need for a heavy-weight
javascript framework to make this work.  We'd just need to provide
text/html serializations for the interfaces of each API endpoint that bind
the local device APIs to form elements and/or divs with embedded
javascript, and those html pages could refer users around pages (endpoints)
within the site (or even across sites) just as json-ld responses from the
same endpoints do.

This would not preclude anyone from using the activitypub client of their
choice, just a built-in style-able UI that would be good enough for many
users and admins, making the software a full-stack offering instead of
purely a back-end.

Steve