It took a while, but I pushed an initial commit on this new initiative.  Apache
Software Foundation supports projects having multiple repos.  A fresh repo
seemed appropriate in this case.

• apache-streams has a deep transitive dependency tree, most of which may not
ever be of benefit and certainly isn’t now.
• I wanted to start fresh with a minimal set of dependencies.  So far it’s
pretty much just apache [streams, juneau, commons-*, tomcat, jena, and pekko]
the latter two in the build but not doing anything significant yet.
• The tiny dependency set will make releasing this as a binary much easier than
releasing the entire legacy streams repo as binary
• I wanted to build fully in scala and configure the build system for same.

It should be buildable, as long as you’ve also installed a maven snapshot of
the apache/streams repo locally.

https://github.com/apache/streams-activitypub

There isn’t much here yet, really just a scaffold to build on.  I’ve started
creating tickets here, for what might come next.

https://github.com/orgs/apache/projects/309

Look forward to reactions, and building some momentum on this.

Steve