Update on provider refactoring for this release:
Twitter improvements for the issues mentioned in this thread have merged.
PRs for Facebook, instagram, google+, YouTube are open.
The commit logs and JIRA comments cover which issues have been tackled for
which providers.
These PRs don't cover every provider class or complete the refactoring we
need before adding AS 2 but does at least add real integration tests anyone
can run to get current profiles and posts from upstream.
RSS provider already has real testing.
Most remaining provider modules are commercial services and can't be used
or tested this easily.
Feedback on these changes welcome - sometime next week will finish merging
these and whatever other fixes are ready and start the release process.