FYI:

A build of commons-validator-1.1.2.jar IS currently available at
www.bluesunrise.com/maven.
That's the version I took from the nightly build of struts of 20040407.

I'm currently developing a Struts JSR-168 Portlet Framework which hopefully is to
become (initially)
part of the Jetspeed-2 codebase.
The commons-validator-1.1.2.jar (and a struts-1.2.1-dev-20040407.jar) are
(temporarilly) put into
the maven repository
of bluesunrise on my behalf by the Jetspeed-2 lead David Sean Taylor.
I think I probably should have named the validator jar better by the way (something
like
commons-validator-1.1.2-dev-20040407.jar).

Currently, I have an adapted version of the MailReader example application fully
working as a
Portlet within Jetspeed-2.
I will probably release the first version of this portlet framework this weekend or
beginning next
week (waiting for David).

If the integration into Jetspeed-2 is working out all right (and it currently looks
quite good) I
will keep the
version of Struts its based upon as uptodate as possibly with the current Struts
developments.

As I'm not in anyway related to bluesunrise I cannot say for how long these jars will
be up there
(heck I'm not even a Jetspeed-2 developer)
but if my framework is working out nicely it'll be probably up there (or newer
versions) until
regular versions are available elsewhere.

I would also like to inform you that my struts portlet framework is largely
independant of
Jetspeed-2 (it has currently
a separate API library containing only one interface to be implemented by a portal)
and could maybe
be interesting as
a contrib feature of the struts codebase (which is up to the Struts maintainers of
course).

Once my Struts portlet framework is available through the Jetspeed-2 codebase I will
send a proper
announcement
to this list (hopefully be soon).

Ate Douma