On 10 Sep 2004, at 17:45, Craig McClanahan wrote:

See intermixed.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:25:15 +0100, Pilgrim, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Craig McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:06:08 -0500, Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 4:59 PM +0100 8/27/04, Pilgrim, Peter wrote:
Quick fire questions

What are Struts CVS Dependencies with Commons ?

commons-beanutils: 1.6.1 commons-collections: 2.1 commons-digester: 1.5 commons-fileupload: 1.0 commons-lang: 2.0 commons-logging: 1.0.4 commons-validator: 1.1.3

I haven't tested the particular combination Peter is talking about (Collections 3.1), but in principle it should work fine -- the only collections classes that Struts *itself* depends on are compatible.

In my own framework I would like to use Collections 3.1 for `OrderedMapCollection' and take advantage of the new `BeanUtilBeans', `MethodUtilBean' classes etc. It would make my assembly factory more flexible and configurable to the developers. Is the latest Struts CVS capable of running with these new APIs?

Struts doesn't care about any Commons Collections classes, or classes from any other library for that matter, that it doesn't use itself. As long as Commons Collections continues to support the classes that Struts actually uses, you'll be fine.

+1

if you want to use collections 3.1, i'd recommend using digester 1.6 and beanutils 1.7. i haven't verified this (as yet) but i'm pretty confident that this combination will work fine.

- robert