Subversion can actually be exposed multiple ways. One such way is to use its built-in svnserve server which does listen over 3690. Subversion can also be exposed via WebDAV as an Apache 2.0 module. In the latter case, it can listen at any port Apache is configured to listen on, usually 80 and/or 443.

Apache Software Foundation's Subversion server, svn.apache.org, does in fact use the Apache WebDAV module and listens at 80 for non-authenticated users, and 443 for authenticated users (usually committers). svnserve and port 3690 are not used at all.

Don