Hubert Rabago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The extreme case I have in mind would be one chain for each step that
> the current request processor does.  Yes, I know, it's extreme.  At
> this point, it's just an idea I'm bringing up.

I'd also like to see this.

I need to have a hook into processValidate() on validation failure.

Currently that can only be done by copy-and-pasting the processValidate()
method from RequestProcessor into a subclass and sticking a hook into the
middle of the code.

When I asked about this on the dev list long ago, it was confirmed that
there was no other way to do this, but that chain would eventually provide
this flexibility.

If the chain isn't configured at a fine-grain level, then it's not all that
much more functional than the existing RequestProcessor.

-Mike